Tuesday, May 5, 2009

There are no words...





...To describe the overnight ferry I took from the port of rome to Sardinia. I thought, hey I have the time, a ferry to Sardinia might be fun. Well last minute I booked an overnight ferry and the cabins we're full so I figured I would make do with a 'seat' I mean, I'm a traveler right? RIGHT. So I took the bus in Rome to the metro to the train to Civitavecchia port. The Ferry was where it got interesting. Not having a bed like the rest of the civilain passengers, I had to find a seat in the open area for myself....until morning. If you look closely that is me sleeping on a bench wrapped in my sarongs. It was a great observation in Italian culture and believe it or not I did sleep. But the characters I saw are best described in person. We arrived in the port by morning as the sun was considering rising and Sardinia did not disappoint. What was crazy is that I met some American backpackers, two guys from Chicago. They had just come off a semester in Sevilla, the same program I did. It was hard to admit that I had studied there 11 years ago. Different times.

No comments:

Post a Comment