Friday, April 10, 2009

A Snake Encounter

I was sitting with my laptop having a perftectly senic moment. Music, coffee, ocean, enough activity to keep me entertained. I figured I should stretch and take it all in, after all I had just come from yoga and my stretching was in top shape. I was practically in a backbend over a thai pillow-back rest thing (im sure there is a name for it). As I opened my eyes, a snake above me was streching him/herself. There was a meter or 2 between us so I didn't scream and he/she was thin and green. She saw me and hid. After some research, this is my best guess of what I saw...looks like one of the few that are not poisonous. Then a baby gecko ran across my table and that is when the scream came out. My threshold for creepy crawlies has increased greatly in Asia, when a centipede hung out on my yoga mat while I was in upward dog, I just let it be...Im so zen...im not exactly looking to test that theory though.





Trimeresurus hageni resides in the flatland rainforests. It can usually be found after rainfall at night. The snakes are active in trees and bushes as well as on the ground. Hagen’s bamboo viper is generally calm snake which does not bite as quickly as most of the other Trimeresurus species. This species differs from the other green Trimeresuru species due to the relatively clear markings and especially due to the fact that the animals look very slender.

No comments:

Post a Comment